|Office Hours:||MWF 10-11 AM, T/Th 2-3 PM|
|Class Location:||KEC 124|
|Class Times:||T/Th 12:30 - 1:45 PM|
This is the home page for CS 497, Spring 2009. All information pertaining to the course, including assignments, will be posted here.
Use the links on the left-hand side of the page to navigate the site.
- Apr 28: The multithreaded server example code is available on the Examples page.
- Apr 21: The updated TCP socket example (containing a client, and the updated server using fdopen()) is available on the Examples page.
- Apr 16: The server example program we discussed in class today is available on the Examples page.
- Apr 7: Assignment 5 is due Thursday, May 7th by 11:59 PM.
- Apr 2: Today we are discussing Michael and Scott, Simple, Fast, and Practical Non-Blocking and Blocking Concurrent Queue Algorithms. Implementation and benchmark: lockfreequeue.zip
- Mar 31: Examples of using MPI_Type_struct and MPI_Type_vector have been posted on the Examples page.
- Mar 26: The implementation of Lab 2 using broadcast and reduce operations has been posted on the Examples page.
- Mar 24: Assignment 4 is due Tuesday, April 7th by 11:59 PM.
- Mar 10: Assignment 3 is due Friday, Mar 20th by 11:59 PM.
- Feb 19: The barrier synchronization example program is available on the Examples page. (It includes a working version of the "do it yourself" barrier construct we discussed in class.)
- Feb 17: The due date for Assignment 2 has been extended to Friday, Feb 27th by 11:59 PM, and the description has been updated to include information about benchmarking.
- Feb 10: The syllabus has been updated with a reading assignment for weeks 4/5.
- Feb 8: A mistake in the description of Assignment 2 concerning the command line arguments for the LLCA option was corrected.
- Feb 5: Assignment 2 is posted. There are two parts: an algorithm sketch, due Feb 10th, and a program, due Feb 20th.
- Feb 5: The pthread mutex example program is available on the Examples page.
- Jan 29: The schedule in the syllabus has been revised again.
- Jan 28: The pthreads "hello, world" program discussed on Tuesday is available on the Examples page.
- Jan 28: The description of Assignment 1 has been updated with information about benchmarking and an extra credit option.
- Jan 28: Instructions for connecting to cscluster from off-campus are available.
- Jan 27: Assignment 1 is due Tuesday, Feb 3rd by 11:59 PM.
- Jan 19: Welcome back.